Reactor-Ready Lab Reactor
Reactor-Ready Lab Reactor – 100 ml to 5 litres – swap reaction vessels in minutes, not hours
Why choose Reactor-Ready?
Reactor-Ready is designed as a universal reactor work station with a range of easily interchangeable vessels from 100 ml to 5 litres which can be configured to suit the chemistry and scale needed for each project. Easy to use, this one unique framework can replace many, saving money and fumehood space.
Rapid, tool-free vessel exchange with quick-release vessel clamp and hose couplings. Self-aligning stirrer coupling engages without the need for tools.
Accepts all leading brands of overhead stirrer and allows easy, tool-free adjustment. Interchangeable vessels available from 100 ml to 5 litres. Temperature range: -70 ºC to +230 ºC.
Triple support stand features heavy duty stainless steel support rods for stability. Innovative hose manifolds allow easy thermofluid drain down.
Optional software allows you to log and control stirrers, circulators, balances, pumps, temperature sensors and other devices.
The first time I changed vessels, it took about 5 minutes but now I can change in less than 2 minutes. I get one stand which fits all sizes up to 5 litres. I get overhead stirring on all scales.Researcher, Process R&D Group, Leading US pharmaceutical company
Reaction Vessel Features
- Range of single and vacuum jacketed vessels from 100 ml to 5 litres
- Process vessels to mimic larger scale plant or manufacturing reactors
- Precision engineered borosilicate glass vessels
- DN100 5 neck Glass Lid fits all Vessel sizes
- Vessels feature V4 Zero Dead Space Drain Stopcock which prevents over-tightening which can cause glass breakage
- Wide range of accessory glassware including condensers, dropping funnels
Unique Vessel Clamp
- Change vessels in minutes
- Connect in seconds
- Chemical-resistant PEEK
- Easy connection
- Easy drain-down
- Reduces stress on vessel sidearms
Simple Stirrer Alignment
- Slide and glide
- Set and lock
Patented Stirrer Coupling
- Drop in
- No tools
- No fuss
- 100ml to 3 litres
- Vacuum jacketed option
- Glass accessories to match
- Mimic plant scale geometry
- 100ml to 5 litres
- Vacuum jacketed option
- A choice of popular stirrer paddles
- Convenient vessel kits make buying vessels and accessories easy and cost effective
- A range of vessel sizes and styles
Reactor-Ready Base System
RR121000 Reactor-Ready Core
Reactor-Ready Core and Components
The reactor Ready Core includes all of the following components:
- Stand with base, drip tray, support rods, bosses and all clamps
- Glass Reaction Vessel Lid
- Vessel FEP O-ring seal and PTFE Collar
- HDPE Drip Tray
- Vessel to Manifold Insulated Hoses with Quick-Release Connections
- Lower Inlet Manifold + Drain
- Upper Outlet Manifold + Vent
- PTFE Stirrer Guide and Coupling
- Stainless steel Stirrer Drive Coupling
- Two stainless steel Vessel Support Collars
- Locking Rod for Support Rod Bosses
Hoses to connect the Reactor-Ready framework to a thermoregulator are NOT included. You will require hoses with an M24 x 1.5 female connection or appropriate adapters.
DN100 5 neck Glass Lid fits all Vessel sizes
- Supplied as part of the Reactor-Ready Core
- DN100 lid with 5 x Rodaviss, grease-free, safety joints.
- All Rodaviss joints are interchangeable with ordinary A, B and C length conical joints.
- Rodaviss A length joints available if required
How to order Reactor-Ready Lab Reactor
- Select the Reactor-Ready Core.
- Choose the Vessel Kit or Kits you require by selecting the vessel volume and style.
- Select the overhead stirrer you need.
- If you need a thermoregulator, hoses, hose adapters, thermofluid or accessory glassware, then select from the accessory list.
- If you need automation add AVA Control Software and Data Hub.
Patented vessel clamp allows rapid vessel exchange without tools
- Unique clamp design allows vessel to be supported and clamped by a single operator in less than a minute
- Use the same clamp to hold all vessel sizes; plus the vessels remain supported even when the clamp is unlocked
Vessel Support Collar aids vessel loading
- Reactor-Ready uses an innovative support collar fitted to the neck of each vessel, which allows the vessels to be swapped in and out of the Reactor-Reactor core like a cartridge
- The stainless steel collar locks securely into the support plate on the framework and allows the vessel to remain supported, even when not clamped
- Vessel exchange is tool free and can easily be undertaken by one person
Unique Self aligning Stirrer Coupling saves time when changing Vessels
- Patented drop-in stirrer coupling engages easily without the need for tools
- Simply lower the stirrer coupling to engage with the stirrer guide below
- The stainless steel stirrer coupling will fit in any standard stirrer chuck
- The non-slip design ensures powerful stirring up to 500rpm, or 800rpm for short periods (subject to motor selected)
Choice of PTFE stirring shafts
- Reactor-Ready is offered with a choice of PTFE Stirring Shafts: Anchor, Retreat Curve and Turbine or Propeller styles
- PTFE Anchor Stirring Shaft is included with all standard reaction vessel kits
- PTFE Turbine Stirring Shaft is included with all process reaction vessel kits
I-beam Support allows the Stirring Motor to be positioned with ease
- I-beam allows the stirrer drive to be raised or lowered without needing to remount the stirrer
- Adjustable safety stop collars located below the I-beam allow the user to lower the stirrer motor to a set position for ease of operation and safety
- Reactor-Ready accepts all leading brands of motor or air-powered overhead stirrer with support rods up to 16 mm in diameter
Whip-free stirrer guide
- The Reactor-Ready’s PTFE stirrer guide screws directly on to the glass lid and features a unique extended support which provides whip-free agitation even at high speeds
- The stirrer guide is chemically inert, gas tight and suitable for work under vacuum
Quick Release PEEK Hose Couplings
- Operates over the temperature range -70˚C to +230˚C
- Quick release, screwthread design allows rapid exchange of vessels without the use of tools
- Simply tighten by hand for a leak tight seal
- PEEK with Viton O-rings ensures all wetted parts are chemically resistant
- Lightweight, metal free design prevents chipping and minimises strain on the glass fitting
- All hoses have a 12mm ID, maximising thermofluid flow and heating/cooling performance
- Low thermal conductivity of PEEK reduces frosting when cooling
Hose Manifolds allow easy Thermofluid drain down
- The inlet and outlet hoses from the Reactor-Ready vessel connect to manifolds attached to the support rod
- These manifolds serve two important functions:
- Supports the hose running from the vessel, thereby eliminating stress on the glass sidearm.
- Allows thermofluid drain down which provides a quick and clean method of removing the thermofluid from the vessel jacket when changing vessels
- By opening the venting valve on the (upper) outlet manifold, thermofluid drains from the vessel back to the thermoregulator under gravity
- Opening the drain tap on the (lower) inlet manifold allows drainage to an external reservoir
Do you offer a demo of the Reactor-Ready Lab Reactor?
We are currently offering a 1-2-1 Reactor-Ready Lab Reactor demo with an expert presented by video. Book your demo today.
Webinar: The benefits of Jacketed Lab Reactors and considerations when choosing a system
When purchasing a jacketed lab reactor setup for scaling up your process, there are many considerations to be made.
In this webinar we cover the fundamental points of specifying the right reactor and ancillary devices to ensure that you get the optimal performance of your jacketed lab reactor system for scale-up and process development.
Webinar: How to achieve efficient temperature control when using Jacketed Lab Reactors
When it comes to chemical reactions in both R&D and production processes, achieving the right temperature is crucial. In this webinar we will be joined by Dr Paddy Delaney from Huber to discuss the factors that influence temperature control when using jacketed lab reactors as well as advice on how to improve the performance of your system.