Senmin, a manufacturer and supplier of mining chemicals, chooses Reactor-Ready Systems for efficient and flexible scale-up process
Contacts: Natasha Bannerman
Organisation: Senmin International
Department: R & D
Country: South Africa
Case Study No: CS1060
Senmin is a manufacturer and supplier of mining chemicals used in the beneficiation of a wide range of ores such as platinum, copper, zinc and coal.
- Improve temperature control
- A system with a wide range of vessel volumes
- Ability to exchange vessels quickly
The Reactor-Ready systems offer the customer ease of scale-up without the need for tools, which improves work flow efficiency and productivity.
- 2 Reactor-Ready systems are now being used in Senmin’s R&D lab in the development of ‘collectors’. These chemicals are used in the ‘beneficiation process’ across an entire range of ores such as platinum, zinc, copper, coal etc. Scale-up includes 500 ml, 1 L and 2 L process vessels and accessories. Temperature control is via Huber CC-K6 Pilot ONE thermoregulators.
- 2 Reactor-Ready systems used by the Biotechnology laboratory for enzyme reactions. Scale-up includes 1 L, 2 L and 5 L process vessels and accessories. Temperature control is via Huber Ministat 240 Pilot ONE thermoregulators.
By introducing Reactor-Ready, we were able to improve temperature control and change vessels easily to fit with the evolving requirements of our projects.Natasha Bannerman, Senmin International