- AVA Control Software
- Benchtop & Hotplate Tools
- Heidolph Instruments
- Huber Temperature Control
- Jacketed Lab Reactors
- Parallel Reaction Stations
Can I have a CE declaration for Reactor-Ready?
CE is not applicable for Reactor-Ready.CE marking only applies to certain types of products, such as those with electronics or moving mechanical parts. As Reactor-Ready does not fall into one of these categories, CE certification does not apply.
Can I replace the O-ring between my jacketed lab reactor vessel and lid?
The part number of the O-ring between the vessel and lid, which is held in place by the white PTFE collar, for Reactor-Ready, Reactor-Ready Duo and Lara is:
- RR121090: FEP Encapsulated Silicone Vessel O-Ring – DN100
- RR210022: FEP Encapsulated Silicone Vessel O-Ring – 200 mm
All O-rings are considered consumables (to be replaced as required), and they are included in the respective maintenance kits:
- RR121150: Reactor-Ready Maintenance Kit
- LR199010: Lara Maintenance Kit
- RR210100: Reactor-Ready Pilot Maintenance Kit
- RR139103: Viton Vessel O-ring Seal – DN100
- RR139105: Isolast Vessel O-ring Seal – DN100
- RR139107: Chemraz Vessel O-ring Seal – DN100
Can I buy Reactor-Ready or Reactor-Ready Pilot parts to use with my existing reaction system?
After learning about all of the advantages of Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Pilot, some customers ask whether they can purchase parts (such as a stirrer guide) to use with an existing reaction system from another supplier. Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Pilot parts have been designed to be used together in a complete Reactor-Ready or Reactor-Ready Pilot system. If you tried to use a part in a reaction system from another supplier, it is likely that it wouldn’t be compatible (wouldn’t fit properly), we couldn’t guarantee performance, and also you would be missing out on the other outstanding features of Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Pilot. We would therefore recommend a complete Reactor-Ready or Reactor-Ready Pilot system for the best possible experience. You can request a demonstration here.
Is the Reactor-Ready range resistant to acids?
- In general, Reactor-Ready is suitable for use with acids, but it is each customer’s responsibility to assess their particular application, carefully considering any risks.
- Reactor-Ready has been specially designed to be robust and to have a reduced risk of leaking compared to other systems, but no equipment is indestructible, and safe working practices must be adhered to, with the Reactor-Ready carefully maintained, to minimise the risk of leaking/corrosion.
Materials of parts expected to come into contact with chemicals (‘wetted parts’)
- We manufacture our vessels and other glass accessories from borosilicate glass 3.3.
- The piston (bottom outlet valve tap) in a Reactor-Ready system is PTFE and glass-filled PTFE, with FEP-encapsulated O-rings.
- The O-ring between the vessel and lid is also FEP-encapsulated, and is held in place by a PTFE support collar.
- The stirrers and Pt100 probes are PTFE-coated also.
- The main body of the stirrer guide is made of PTFE too, with borosilicate glass and PEEK/PTFE parts.
Acid resistance of wetted parts
- Borosilicate glass 3.3, PTFE and FEP all have excellent acid resistance.
- We have a technical data sheet on the borosilicate glass; you can download this from our Technical Information Downloads web page.
- For PTFE and FEP, you can double check compatibility with your particular acids using chemical resistance tables/data available online.
System maintenance and safe working practices
- Although our systems have good chemical resistance, it’s important to regularly check the condition of all parts (particularly seals such as O-rings) – these can be damaged in other ways, such as scratching by chemical particles, wearing by moving parts, or being made brittle through exposure to extreme low temperatures.
- We recommend you purchase the relevant maintenance kit (part number RR121150 for standard Reactor-Ready or order two for Reactor-Ready Duo; the part number is RR210100 for Reactor-Ready Pilot), as this contains the common consumables – so you can replace items as soon as any deterioration is observed, to help avoid leaks or downtime.
- If you look after your reaction system (maintaining good sealing), you can minimise the escape of chemical vapours that could then damage less chemically resistant parts (e.g. the stirrer drop-in coupling made from stainless steel).
- Always wipe away any chemical spills immediately and avoid exposure of Reactor-Ready systems to strong vapours such as HCl, as continued exposure to even low levels of chemicals can cause corrosion to metal and/or plastic components.
How do I change the metal pins of the Reactor-Ready drop-in coupling or the stirrer guide cap?
The three coupling pins on each of the stirrer drive drop-in coupling and the stirrer guide should be regularly inspected. These pins can wear over time and require periodic replacement.
For Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo, the relevant part numbers are:
- RR121066: Stirrer Drive Drop-in Coupling S/S Pins (Pack of 3)
- RR121067: Stirrer Drive Drop-in Coupling Dowel Pin (Pack of 1)
- RR121068: Stirrer Drive Drop-in Coupling Snap Ring B24 10 mm (Pack of 1)
- RR121062: Stirrer Guide Cap S/S Pins (Pack of 3)
- RR121099: Stirrer Guide Metal Cap Grub Screw (Pack of 1)
Can you supply PTFE lids for my jacketed lab reactor?
Although glass lids are standard, we do offer PTFE lids as alternatives – DN100 size for Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo, and DN200 for Reactor-Ready Pilot. The lids are available both with standard joints in place (which are removable and can be changed), and without standard joints (just screw ports, for you to add the Rodaviss sockets you choose).
DN100 lids for Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo
- With joints – RR136100: DN100 PTFE 5 Neck Lid 1 x B19, 2 x B24, 1 x B29, 1 x B34 and 2 Blanked Ports
- Without joints – RR136110: DN100 PTFE Lid with 7 Threaded Ports – 2 x ¼” NPT, 5 x ¾” NPT
DN200 lids for Reactor-Ready Pilot
- With joints – RR136200: DN200 PTFE 8 Neck Lid 1 x B19, 1 x B24, 2 x B29, 3 x B34, 1 x B45
- Without joints – RR136210: DN200 PTFE Lid with 8 Threaded Ports – 2 x ¾” NPT, 1 x 1″ NPT, 5 x 1½” NPT
- Changeable joints allow for maximum flexibility – change the PTFE joint to suit your set-up.
- Enables more joints in a smaller space.
- More suitable for PAT and test probes than equivalent glass lids.
- More robust and less likely to break than glass.
- Flatter lid – less dead space at the top of vessel.
Are the feet of the base of the Reactor-Ready stand available as spare parts?
Yes, you can purchase spare base feet for the Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo framework if required. The part number is RR121011 for one foot. The nitrile foot pads should be purchased separately; they are part number RR121012 for a pack of 5.
My overhead stirrer has a large diameter support rod. How can I fit it in the Reactor-Ready framework?
When setting up a Reactor-Ready system, you insert the overhead stirrer motor’s support rod into the hole in the I-beam (also called the stirrer support I-brace).
If you cannot fit your overhead stirrer rod into the hole, you should remove the black plastic parts that are supplied inserted in the hole (one half on each side – gently prise out using a suitable implement), to increase the hole diameter. With the black pieces in place, stirrer rods of up to 13.5 mm diameter can be accommodated; removal allows stirrer rods of up to 16.5 mm to be inserted.
You can then use the knob on the I-beam above the hole to tighten the screw and secure the overhead stirrer’s support rod in place. The procedure is the same for Reactor-Ready Duo.
What is the footprint of Reactor-Ready?
The Reactor-Ready framework (including drip tray) is 460 mm wide and 570 mm deep. When you include the manifolds and vessel-to-manifold hoses, the overall footprint will be larger. The width will increase to approximately 700 mm.
Can I buy a spare metal vessel support collar for my Reactor-Ready or Reactor-Ready Pilot?
A vessel support collar is required to mount a vessel within the quick-release clamp.
Two vessel collars are supplied with each RR121000 Reactor-Ready Core or RR121300 Reactor-Ready Duo Core; one vessel collar is included in RR210000 Reactor-Ready Pilot Core. You may wish to purchase additional metal support collars, particularly if you have lots of vessels (so you can keep one correctly positioned on each vessel). For Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo, the part number is:
- RR121048: Vessel Support Collar
For Reactor-Ready Pilot, the part number is:
- RR210018: Pilot Vessel Support Collar
What spare parts are available for my Reactor-Ready or Reactor-Ready Pilot stirrer guide?
The common consumables for the Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Pilot stirrer guides are the ferrule, shaft seal and bearing seal inside the top of the stirrer guide, as shown below. Please note that these parts are included in the maintenance kits (part number RR121150 for Reactor-Ready and RR210100 for Reactor-Ready Pilot; see separate FAQ entry on maintenance kits for full part listings).
Ferrule and shaft seal
For Reactor-Ready and Reactor-Ready Duo, the part number is:
- RR121064: Stirrer Guide Ferrule & Shaft Seal B24 10 mm For Reactor-Ready Pilot, it is:
- RR121138: Stirrer Guide Ferrule & Shaft Seal B34 16 mm
Reactor-Ready stirrer guide showing bearing seal
- RR121063 Bearing Seal for Reactor-Ready
- RR121063: Stirrer Guide Bearing Seal B24 10 mm
- RR121136: Stirrer Guide Bearing Seal B34 16 mm
Metal cap pinsOther stirrer guide spare parts, although ones that tend to be require replacing less frequently, are the the pins in the metal cap. For Reactor-Ready, Reactor-Ready Duo and Reactor-Ready Pilot, the part number is:
- RR121062: Stirrer Guide Cap S/S Pins (Pack of 3)
- RR210061: Stirrer Guide B24 Metal Cap & Pins
- RR210060: Stirrer Guide B34 Metal Cap & Pins
What parts are included in RR121000
It is easy to order a Reactor-Ready system. Part number RR121000: Reactor-Ready Core includes all the following items: Vessel kits, optional glassware accessories, overhead stirrer motors, circulators (thermoregulators), and any software are then ordered separately.
Can you provide a second rotor for my Reactor-Ready stirrer shaft?
We offer three PTFE adjustable rotors that can be added to Reactor-Ready PTFE stirrers (10 mm shafts). These are usually only used with the larger vessels. Please select the appropriate size adjustable rotor for your vessel. You can choose from:
005.610060: 10 x 60 mm 4 Blade Angle Adjustable Rotor
005.610090: 10 x 90 mm 4 Blade Angle Adjustable Rotor