- AVA Control Software
- Benchtop & Hotplate Tools
- Heidolph Instruments
- Huber Temperature Control
- Jacketed Lab Reactors
- Parallel Reaction Stations
Do I need to purchase a stand to use with a Tornado, or is it included?
The RR99951 Tornado Plus Overhead Stirring System does not include a stand for an overhead stirrer motor, so one will need to be ordered separately. We recommend the RR99230 Universal Support Stand shown below. If you will be using the Tornado with Breeze, this includes its own integral stand.
How do I choose between Breeze and Storm? What are the differences?
Breeze and Storm are both used in place of a hotplate to provide heating and cooling. Their different designs mean differences in performance and differences in the applications they are optimised for.
- No internal insulation
- Smaller size
- Narrower process temperature range of -30°C to +165°C
- Faster temperature changes
- Recommended for applications such as crystallisation studies
- Suitable for use with Carousel 6 Plus and Tornado, or Heat-On with an overhead stirrer
- M16 (male) fittings for circulator (thermoregulator) hoses. (Adapters are available for use with different size hoses.)
- More advanced internal design, with insulation
- Larger, with surface contour specially designed to fit the Carousel 6 Plus base
- Wider process temperature range of -65°C to +200°C
- Recommended for steady state reactions that require stable temperatures for extended periods
- Designed for use with Carouse 6 Plus and Tornado
- M24 (male) fittings for circulator (thermoregulator) hoses. (Adapters are available for use with different size hoses.)