In this video we demonstrate how to set up a jacketed lab reactor with a circulator. We go through the components that make up a jacketed lab reactor system and the tools you need for doing the installation. We then show how to set up a lab reactor (Reactor-Ready) connected to a circulator and fill the system with thermal fluid. Finally, we demonstrate the process of draining the thermal fluid from the system via the drain down manifolds and then show how to swap vessels in the reactor framework.
Reactor-Ready is designed as a universal jacketed lab reactor system with a range of easily interchangeable vessels from 100 ml to 5 litres which can be configured to suit the chemistry and scale needed for each project. The jacketed lab reactor system is easy to use, this one unique framework can replace many, saving money and fumehood space by using one circulator with multiple setups. Reactor-Ready is ideal for organic chemistry, process development, medicinal chemistry, R&D research, polymer chemistry, academic research, scale up, API manufacture and CRO or contract synthesis.
- Rapid vessel exchange with quick-release vessel clamps and wide bore hose couplings.
- Range of standard (single and vacuum jacketed) glass reaction vessels – 250 ml to 5 L.
- Range of process (single and vacuum jacketed) glass reaction vessels – 100 ml to 5 L Process Vessels. mimic the geometry of plant scale reactors and feature a 1.25 to 1 ratio of internal height to internal diameter, with dish shaped bottom.
- DN100 vessel flange.
- Accepts all leading brands of overhead stirrer and allows easy, tool free adjustment.
- Compact stainless-steel framework accepts all vessel sizes.
- Self aligning stirrer coupling engages without the need for tools.
- Temperature control range: -70 ˚C to +230 ˚C (thermofluid temperature).
- Innovative hose manifolds allow easy thermofluid drain down.
- Wide range of accessory glassware including condensers, dropping funnels etc.
- Optional software allows you to log and control 3rd party devices.