Breeze and Storm are both used in place of a hotplate to provide heating and cooling. Their different designs mean differences in performance and differences in the applications they are optimised for.
- No internal insulation
- Smaller size
- Narrower process temperature range of -30°C to +165°C
- Faster temperature changes
- Recommended for applications such as crystallisation studies
- Suitable for use with Carousel 6 Plus and Tornado, or Heat-On with an overhead stirrer
- M16 (male) fittings for circulator (thermoregulator) hoses. (Adapters are available for use with different size hoses.)
- More advanced internal design, with insulation
- Larger, with surface contour specially designed to fit the Carousel 6 Plus base
- Wider process temperature range of -65°C to +200°C
- Recommended for steady state reactions that require stable temperatures for extended periods
- Designed for use with Carouse 6 Plus and Tornado
- M24 (male) fittings for circulator (thermoregulator) hoses. (Adapters are available for use with different size hoses.)
For comparison data showing Breeze (left) and Storm (right) heating and cooling performance, please refer to the Breeze and Storm technical data sheet (available here), or the data in our Carousel 6 Plus family leaflet.