Both the 5-way and 3-way StarFish clamps are available with either silicone or Velcro straps.
- RR95400: Telescopic 5-way Clamp inc Velcro
- RR95405: Telescopic 3-way Clamp inc Velcro
- RR95410: Telescopic 5-way Clamp inc Silicone Strap + Long Handle
- RR95415: Telescopic 3-way Clamp inc Silicone Strip + Long Handle
The silicone rubber straps are recommended for the lower StarFish clamp. They grip glassware, and are very durable. The silicone clamps have a handle for lifting glassware away from the heat.
We additionally offer Viton straps as an alternative to the silicone straps, for increased chemical resistance. The part number for the straps is:
- RR95444: Viton Strap 200 mm (Pack of 5)
The Velcro straps can be used for the upper clamp. They are designed to not grip glassware tightly, allowing condensers to slide through the straps when glassware is lifted (by the silicone clamp), whilst still offering some support. Please note the Velcro straps are not suitable for suspending unsupported glassware. The Velcro can be weakened by exposure to high temperatures, chemical vapours or sunlight. Velcro straps and pads are consumable items that should be replaced as required.
Velcro part numbers are:
- RR95430: Replacement Self Adhesive Velcro Pads (Pack of 10)
- RR95440: Replacement Velcro Loop Strips 200 mm (Pack of 5)
It is possible to convert from a Velcro clamp to a silicone clamp using the RR95450 kit, composed of:
- RR95412: Clamp Long Handle
- RR95432: Strap Securing Pins (Pack of 10)
- RR95442: Silicone Strap 200 mm (Pack of 5)