As a general rule, O-rings are consumables. They should be regularly checked and replaced as required.
It is not normal for these O-rings to need replacing very frequently, as the materials have been chosen for characteristics including chemical resistance, but their lifespan will depend on your application (which specific chemicals you use, and how you use the equipment).
The O-rings in the white caps and on the gas outlets on the reflux head are nitrile as standard but are also available in Viton. Please consult chemical compatibility tables to see which material is most suitable for your chemistry.
Refluxing effectively should help minimise any damage to the O-rings; please see the instruction manual, and the FAQ entry ‘Can I use a Carousel 6 Plus or Carousel 12 Plus with corrosive chemicals?’, for further details.
The part numbers are:
- RR91060: Nitrile O-Rings 4 mm Gas Outlet – Bottom (Pack of 50)
- RR91061: Nitrile O-Rings 3 mm Gas Outlet – Top (Pack of 50)
- RR91062: Viton O-Rings 4 mm Gas Outlet – Bottom (Pack of 50)
- RR91063: Viton O-Rings 3 mm Gas Outlet – Top (Pack of 50)
- RR98060: O-Rings for Caps – Nitrile 24 mm (Pack of 100)
- RR98160: O-Rings for Caps – Viton 24 mm (Pack of 100)
Replacement septa for the white caps and flask side arms, and O-rings for Rodaviss joints and wide neck couplings, are also available, with options of alternative materials in some cases.