O-ring materials have been specially selected, but all O-rings will deteriorate with use over time (through use at low/high temperatures, abrasion/stress from chemical residue/particles, and contact with chemicals).
It’s important to regularly check the O-rings on your Reactor-Ready, Duo, Pilot or Lara piston (bottom outlet valve) and replace as required, to prevent any significant leaks.
Piston O-rings are FEP-encapsulated silicone as standard. For Reactor-Ready Pilot, the top two O-rings are also available in Chemraz, which is recommended if working above +150˚C.
The white piston itself should also be checked and replaced if required.
The part numbers and descriptions for the pistons and O-rings are as follows:
Reactor-Ready, Reactor-Ready Duo and Lara pistons are 15 mm; Reactor-Ready Pilot pistons are 25 mm.
- RR161100: Piston 15 mm for Single Jacketed Vessel
- RR166055: Piston 15 mm for Vacuum Jacketed Vessel
- RR166070: Piston 25 mm for Single & Vacuum Jacketed Vessel
- RR166100: Replacement 15 mm Piston Top O-Ring
- RR166102: Replacement 15 mm Piston Middle O-Ring
- RR166104: Replacement 25 mm Piston Top O-Ring (Pack of 2)
- RR166106: Replacement 25 mm Piston Middle O-Ring
- RR210074: Replacement 25 mm Piston Top O-Ring Chemraz 0°C-230°C (Pack of 2)
Standard O-rings are also available as part of the Maintenance Kits.
- RR121150: Reactor-Ready Maintenance Kit
- RR210100: Reactor-Ready Pilot Maintenance Kit
- LR199010: Lara Maintenance Kit