You should avoid damage to the stainless steel gas outlets/inlets on the Carousel reflux head by ensuring you reflux effectively so that chemical vapours are retained in the flasks/tubes and do not pass up through the white PTFE caps to the gas outlets/inlets. For guidance, please refer to the separate FAQs entry ‘Can I use a Carousel 6 Plus or Carousel 12 Plus with corrosive chemicals?’
Nonetheless, if the gas outlets do become corroded, they can be replaced:
- RR91064: Spare Gas Outlet for Carousel 12 Plus + 6 Plus Including O-Rings (Pack of 6)
The O-rings can also be purchased separately if required. They are nitrile as standard, but are also available in Viton, so you can select which is most resistant to the chemicals you are using.
- RR91060: Nitrile O-Rings 4 mm Gas Outlet – Bottom (Pack of 50)
- RR91061: Nitrile O-Rings 3 mm Gas Outlet – Top (Pack of 50)
- RR91062: Viton O-Rings 4 mm Gas Outlet – Bottom (Pack of 50)
- RR91063: Viton O-Rings 3 mm Gas Outlet – Top (Pack of 50)