The black plastic ring that is part of the piston handle can be replaced.
For Reactor-Ready, Reactor-Ready Duo and Lara – 15 mm piston:
- 435-1423: Loosening Ring 14/23 (Pack of 10)
For Reactor-Ready Pilot – 25 mm piston:
- 435-2429: Loosening Ring 24/29 (Pack of 10)
Please note, this is not a part that customers commonly need to replace. In order to reduce any risk of damage to this part in future, please take note of the following:
- Protect the piston handle from contact with corrosive chemicals – for example, do not handle the piston with dirty gloves.
- When the O-rings/piston are in good condition and are sealing properly, this should prevent chemicals leaking down to the black loosening ring. The piston O-rings (and the piston itself) should be regularly checked and replaced as required.
- You should also be careful not to apply lots of force to the piston to remove it, as this could damage the piston / loosening ring.