Heat-On is a unique block to replace traditional oil baths and the safety issues associated with them.
Contacts: Dmytro Korzhniev
Organisation: University of Connecticut
Case Study No: CS1065
At the University of Connecticut they were experiencing problems with their old hotplates and sand baths:
- High failure rate of existing brand hotplates
- Sand baths typically give poor temperature control and overshoots
- It is messy as sand gets everywhere
- The apparatus set-up is difficult
- Management drive to improve safety
- Reduce long term costs
- Simplify apparatus set-up
The group chose Radleys Heat-On, provided by Heidolph, based on their aims of improving safety and reducing costs. With the new equipment they can provide student-proof chemistry teaching labs. The added benefit of Heat-On is reduced maintenance costs and down-time.