Scientific glassblowing - How to make a glass 30 L jacketed reaction vessel for Reactor-Ready Pilot
Watch how a 30 litre glass reaction vessel is crafted by one of our highly skilled scientific glassblowers.
Providing scientific glass to chemistry and process development laboratories around the world, Radleys Chemistry have been glass blowing and making scientific glassware for over 50 years. This video shows Warwick creating a 30 litre jacketed glass reactor that takes 4 days to complete.
Reactor-Ready Pilot is an innovative reaction work station for jacketed glass reaction vessels from 5 to 35 litres.
Reactor-Ready Pilot replaces multiple reactor set-ups with a single, universal pilot scale system which allows the user to swap vessels in minutes NOT hours. Use one circulator and one framework to perform reactions on different scales from 5 to 35 litres, making it ideal for use in scale-up and process chemistry labs. Reactor-Ready Pilot also offers a range of accessories such as condensers, temperature probes, glass and PTFE lids, PTFE impellers and reflux divider kits.
You can also automate your jacketed reaction system with our AVA Lab Control Software which controls and data logs all the periphery devices connected to your jacketed lab reactor, such as overhead stirrers, circulator and gravimetric additions modules for accurate liquid dosing.
Reactor-Ready Pilot Features include
• Rapid vessel exchange with quick-release vessel clamp and wide bore hose couplings.
• Range of single jacketed vessels – 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 35 litres.
• Range of vacuum jacketed vessels – 5 and 10 litres.
• Vessels manufactured at 1.25 to 1 ratio of internal height to diameter to mimic plant scale reactors.
• DN200 vessel flange.
• Accepts all leading brands of overhead stirrer and allows easy, tool free adjustment.
• Compact stainless steel framework accepts all vessel sizes.
• Self aligning stirrer coupling engages without the need for tools.
• Temperature range: -70 ˚C to +230 ˚C (thermofluid temperature).
• Innovative hose manifolds allow easy thermofluid drain down.
• Wide range of accessory glassware including condensers, dropping funnels etc.
• Optional software allows you to log and control 3rd party devices.