The Carousel principle for uniform stirring of multiple reactions. How do you magnetically stir multiple reactions on the same stirring hotplate without compromising on the quality of the stirring? Let us show you the Carousel principle: the use of a secondary magnetic field on the outside of the hotplate which is the basis of the design of the Radleys Carousel 6 and 12 Reaction Stations.
The Carousel’s patented design ensures powerful and equal stirring in all reaction vessels. By positioning the vessels and stirrer bars equidistant from the stirring hotplate’s centrally located magnet, the Carousel ensures that all positions are stirred consistently. The Carousel 6 and 12 Plus Reaction Stations allow for parallel reactions, helping towards better productivity in the lab. These are used in chemistry labs worldwide in drug development, medicinal chemistry, organic synthesis, catalyst screening and many other applications.
Whether using a single position or all 6/12, the Carousel is a neat and efficient way to perform chemical synthesis. Reduce time and save space in your chemistry laboratory by performing up to 6/12 chemical reactions in parallel on a single magnetic stirring hotplate. A great addition to your chemistry lab equipment and ideal for the following inorganic and organic chemistry applications: medicinal chemistry, reaction screening, combinatorial chemistry, catalyst screening, drug discovery, parallel chemistry, solid supported reagent based synthesis and much more.
- Carousel 12 Plus: Accepts up to 12 tubes with a reaction volume from 1 to 20 ml.
- Carousel 6 Plus: Accepts up to 6 round bottom flasks from 5 to 250 ml.
- Powerful, even stirring – fits on to a Carousel Stirring Hotplate.
- Rapid heating to 180 ˚C and cooling to -78 ˚C.
- Quick to set-up and easy to use.
- Easy viewing of tube contents during experiments.
- Water-cooled reflux head.
- Perform reactions under an inert atmosphere.
- Fluoropolymer coating for chemical resistance and easy cleaning.
- PTFE caps feature a ‘quick-thread’ for fast attachment to tubes.