Automated & Parallel Reaction Stations
Product Marketing Manager
Radleys is a successful, family-owned company, proud of its achievements and its strong team. Join our friendly sales team to identify new sales opportunities and support existing users to expand their awareness of the benefits our products offer.
- The Mya 4 Reaction Station: an automated synthesis workstation for process development and reaction optimisation. It is one of our key focus products and is experiencing an exciting period of growth.
- Our Parallel Synthesis products: for chemical synthesis, process development, evaporation and work-up is our most established range.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will act as the ‘champion’ for these two product ranges. You will be trained and supported to become the expert; you will analyse the competition and market trends, develop sales, support distributors and customers pre and post-sale, recommend product enhancements or improvements, identify market opportunities, and increase revenue.
Responsibilities of this exciting role are laid out below.
- Developing and maintaining profitable sales to ensure that Radleys exploit the sales potential.
- Supporting UK and International teams with sales, marketing and commercial requests.
- Demonstrating equipment on customer sites, exhibitions or online (usually alongside a Technical Sales Specialist or International distributors).
- Act as the main point of contact and owner internally.
- Maintaining commercial and competitor awareness relevant to your product ranges.
- Identify new channels to market.
- Work with Marketing to develop our marketing content & activity for the ranges including: Leaflets, instructions, website, e-shots, online and paper advertising, promotional materials, exhibitions, seminars, nurture campaigns, social media, videos, webinars, case studies, infographics, blogs, articles, how-to guides, white papers, images, etc.
- Draw on your experience to ensure messages are on-point, relevant and appeal to our audience.
- Help develop and maintain an effective and profitable servicing, support and repair offering.
- Develop and deliver regular product training for Radley’s sales teams, customer service and technical support.
- Develop and deliver regular product training for Radleys Distributors and sub-dealers.
Commercial & Reporting
- Feedback relevant ideas for product development to in-house R&D and suppliers if appropriate.
- Meet any reporting requests.
- Provide input into pricing strategy.
Ensure all field-based targets and commitments are met such as:
- Exhibitions and seminars
- Product demonstrations
- Product trials
- The role will be a constantly evolving one, with additional responsibilities added as we continue to expand.
- Office based (Saffron Walden, Essex) but will involve occasional overnight stays, including international travel.
- Reporting to the Director of Sales.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate would have all or some of the following:
- Experience of BSc (or higher) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Technical and commercial knowledge of the market for products in process and organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of the chemistry marketplace, including academic, pharmaceutical, CRO, CDMO, biotech, agrochemical, government, medical research institutes, fine chemical and chemical accounts.
- Previous experience of selling, supporting or using similar synthesis products.
- Full UK driving license.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, well organised professional with an eye for detail.
- Able to work as a team player as well as take control and make decisions when necessary.
- Flexible individual with a desire to get ‘stuck in’ at all levels is an absolute must.
- Having the stature and confidence to deal with senior managers.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter stating your salary expectations:
t: +44 1799 513320
When you work at Radleys, you feel appreciated because you’re treated like a person and not just a number. You know everyone at the company and you can talk to anyone. The people at Radleys feel like your work family.Julie Badger