Tornado Overhead Stirring System
The Tornado allows powerful, controlled mechanical stirring of up to six round bottom flasks when combined with the Carousel 6 Reaction Station; offering unrivalled stirring for both viscous samples and for the dispersion of delicate solids in solution.
- Integrates with Carousel 6 to provide heated and stirred reactions.
- Rapid heating to 180˚C, with water cooled reflux head.
- Perform reactions under an inert atmosphere.
- Accepts 50ml, 100ml and 250ml round bottom flasks.
- Uses a single overhead stirrer - save space and money compared with multiple set-ups.
- Compatible with all leading brands of overhead stirrer.
- 2-speed drive allows overhead stirrers with less torque to be used for higher viscosities.
- Stir to 1,000rpm in low viscosity.
- Max. viscosity 10,000mPas at 500rpm.
- Integral polycarbonate safety guard prevents accidental contact with rotating parts.
- Optional clamp and stand provides added stability during operation.
RR99951 Tornado Plus Overhead Stirrer Includes drive unit, 6 x stirrer guide mechanisms, stirring motor coupling,
stirring motor clamp and polycarbonate safety shield.
RR99230 Tornado Support Stand. Provides support and rigidity with a unique double support rod and brace
The Carousel 6 Plus Family
Fits directly onto the Carousel 6 Plus without the use of tools.
Choice of flask sizes and styles; with wide neck option
Wide neck flasks allow easier removal of viscous and solid samples and the use of larger stirrer blades. Baffles also improve stirring by disrupting the creation of a vortex.
Universal Support Stand aids stability
This heavy duty, stainless steel and aluminium stand provides the added support needed for stable operation of the Tornado. Tool-free design is easy to assemble.
Choice of PTFE Stirring Paddles
Choose from centrifugal, anchor and propeller PTFE stirrers, specifically sized for each vessel. Custom formats available on request.
Pinch-Grip Stirrer Guide Assembly allows easy stirrer shaft insertion
Unique PEEK Pinch-Grip mechanism allows easy, tool-free stirrer shaft insertion and operation under an inert atmosphere.
Tornado PTFE Stirring Paddles
Carousel™ Stirring Hotplates
RS Overhead Stirrers
- Drive system: Replaceable toothed belt drive with automatic tensioner
- Gears: 2-speed drive - 1:1 ratio and 2:1 ratio
- Max RPM: 1000rpm
- Max viscosity: 10,000cps @ 500rpm
- Temp. range: Ambient to +180ºC
- Glassware: 100ml and 250ml
- orking volume: 20ml to 150ml