- Replace messy oil baths, heating mantles and avoid spills.
- Make your chemistry safer, cleaner and faster.
- Save money on buying and disposing of heating oil.
- Eliminate the environmental impact of waste oil.
- Solid aluminium blocks provide even heating.
- Lightweight design allows rapid heating.
- Unique well design eliminates cracking of flasks.
- Use up to 260°C.
- Blocks feature two probe holes and optional lifting handles.
- Also accepts Florentine Flasks.
Heating mantles are also expensive, difficult to clean, do not
respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating.
Hence, scientists are increasingly turning to specially
designed aluminium blocks located on stirring hotplates to
heat standard round bottom flasks.
Furthermore, with repeated heating and contamination from
chemicals, water and general debris, heating oil will discolour
and degrade. This degradation results in a dangerous
lowering of the oil’s flashpoint as well as increased smoking
and fumes. This degradation inevitably results in the need
to regular replace the oil to maintain a safe working
Not only does heating oil pose a safety risk but it is also
expensive to buy and dispose of. Research shows that using
Heat-On can quickly save money compared with using and
disposing of oil. Plus there is also the added benefit to the
environment of not having to dispose of oil waste.